UMWA Miners plead with Maw-Maw Ivey
AFL-CIO president Liz Shuler on the future of America's labor movement19 Apr, 2022
Liz Shuler is the first woman ever elected president of the AFL-CIO.
She took over a time when the world of work has been turned upside down.
Union organizing is happening in some unexpected places, and sometimes in ways that disrupt the traditional union playbook.
Homecoming for Liz Shuler04 Apr, 2022
LABOR PRESS: You’ve been given such a huge responsibility now, with the death of your friend Rich Trumka [In August she was appointed to serve the remainder of his term.] But the entire time you’ve been involved, labor has been struggling to come back. Do you have a secret plan?
In The News
AFL-CIO News Feed
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: AFL-CIO’s Labor 2022 Website Goes Live -
- Freight Railroad Worker Stories: Rodney Neatrour of IAM -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: IUOE Local 501 Demands Answers on Resorts World’s Ties to China Following Company’s Attempt to Bust Union -
- Unions Give People an Opportunity: The Working People Weekly List -
- Freight Railroad Worker Stories: Mike Gage of IBEW -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: New Jersey State AFL-CIO Hosts 26th Annual Labor Candidates School -
- Freight Railroad Worker Stories: Reece Murtagh of IAM -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: Enter the Unions Power America Sweepstakes; $75,000 in Prizes -
- Freight Railroad Worker Stories: Justin Ratcliffe of BRS -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: UVC Celebrates PACT Act Signing, Commits to Help Veterans Receive Support -