Are You Ready to Vote?
This November, organized labor will combat the power of organized money. We’re voting to protect our freedoms—and our voices will be heard. Sign the pledge to vote in November.
UMWA Miners plead with Maw-Maw Ivey
AFL-CIO president Liz Shuler on the future of America's labor movement19 Apr, 2022
Liz Shuler is the first woman ever elected president of the AFL-CIO.
She took over a time when the world of work has been turned upside down.
Union organizing is happening in some unexpected places, and sometimes in ways that disrupt the traditional union playbook.
Homecoming for Liz Shuler04 Apr, 2022
LABOR PRESS: You’ve been given such a huge responsibility now, with the death of your friend Rich Trumka [In August she was appointed to serve the remainder of his term.] But the entire time you’ve been involved, labor has been struggling to come back. Do you have a secret plan?
AFL-CIO News Feed
- What Are Apprenticeships? -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: Secretary-Treasurer Redmond Helps Kick Off National Apprenticeship Week -
- Engaging Voters Every Day: The Working People Weekly List -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: AFGE Records Biggest October Membership Growth Since 2015 -
- I Drove the President's Motorcade in New Mexico -
- National Native American Heritage Month Profiles: Charles Smith -
- National Native American Heritage Month Profiles: Christopher Kee Anaya-Gorman -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: Illinois Labor Movement Wins Workers’ Rights Amendment -
- Election 2022: Thank You -
- Every Vote Counts: What Working People Are Doing This Week -